POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Even distribution on a sphere : Re: Even distribution on a sphere Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Even distribution on a sphere
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 15 Oct 2002 07:57:21
Message: <3dac02a1$1@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure if its overkill, depends on what
you're trying to achieve. Still, the macro is very
easy to handle and needs to be run only once,
the data is then saved and can be loaded with
my I/O-Macros (which are available on my website).

But it depends on the amount of objects you're trying
to spread, as always with algorithms pending on amount...

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde

> Probably overkill in this case ("electrostatic repulsion algorithm"?
Yoiks!) -
> I've got some close approximations working (well, good enough for gov.
work).,